Pages

Thursday 30 July 2020

Following Gold

I left my home for a new story my heart with heavy questions: He wanted to learn about the word like a new beginning.

What is chance and what is fate? What fortune lies in rivers in slumbering wait?: He wanted to explore the new beginnings and tell story's about gold and see if he could get some gold with what he had.

Now map brought me here - just gilded in promises. I am: He wanted to just catch the moment and explore with not knowing where he is.

A rival among strangers, determined to turn the earth inside out until my luck has changed: He wont stop till he gets the gold.

I follow gold. sometimes I am lucky and meet its gaze and hold it close: Sometime he get really lucky and he will find more then a couple of flakes of gold.

I am looking for a future, for my own share of light. the river offers few clues: He is looking for a future to find all the gold and the river has a few clues like it sparkles in the sun light.


This is how you learn to walk alone. This is how you write your story: He is saying that you can do everything you dream of doing you just have to have patience and keep on learning about it the more you do it the more you will seceded.     



1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful poem to add to your file of resources gathered about the Gold Rush. It's a lovely idea to link poetry with your study of History. There are many references to Gold in poems, songs, movie titles and books. Keep exploring!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about